Wedding Party


There's a wedding party out there

And I can't tell if it's a dream or reality

My head's still laying upon the pillow

But the crowd seems very near

It's crawling in through my ears

Playing some tone I've heard before

My father's voice


The sun gets higher above the ground

The wedding party finds some place in reality

And I just can’t wake up from my bed

There are sounds of everybody out there

Calling me to join the party

I know, it's very late in the morning now

But please, let me stay here just for a minute


The wedding party keeps going on

Still I can't go out of my room

I don't want to be there

Wearing a shiny white suit and smiling to people

Seeing everything as white and bright

And there are my friends

Yelling me to keep walking straight


Oh, tell me what the hell is going on?!

I just want to sleep a little bit longer...


There's a wedding party on my yard

And I just stand here inside my room

I can see through the window

The bride standing alone

Waiting for the groom


She is so pretty

And everybody looks so happy

And everything is so perfect


But hey, let me stay here just for a minute


(Inspired by a wedding party on my neighborhood)

(Several words are taken from dsH's poem with permission)


About this entry